Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Consult

On March 14, 2007 my husband and I meet Dr. Woolfson. He is an orthopedic surgeon with an excellent background in education and practice. He is trained by Slocum (the makers of the TPLO implant) and also does the traditional repair as well. Leading up to this meeting I did a lot of research on the different repairs for CCL and I had a few questions on each. I brought those questions with me to our meeting. My vet whom referred us to Dr. Woolfson provided us his materials on which surgery is right for us pamphlets. They were very helpful. Dr. woolfson examined Casey and went through both surgeries in detail and used a model to explain. My husband and I were unanimous in which surgery was right for Casey and us...TPLO. We then proceeded to leave Casey to be sedated for x-rays and blood work and we scheduled the surgery for the following week.

No comments: