Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Surgery Day

I took Casey in for his surgery the morning of March 21, 2007. Told my girls to say their goodbye's for just in case. I knew I was leaving him in great hands, but I was a wreck. Tears flowing and the staff at Putnam Vet clinic so caring and supportive. They came out to rub my arm and assured me he would be fine. Dr. Woolfson (Casey's surgeon) also reassured me and came out to talk with me.

Later that afternoon Dr. Woolfson calls to let me know that Casey did well through the surgery and that once his anesthesia wears off I can take him home as Casey still has some anxiety and he felt he may be more comfortable at home. I was also told he broke down a gate and walked out of the recovery room! Crazy boy! I was so relieved he was fine. Dr. Woolfson said the surgery was according to plan all except for once he was in he saw that Casey had very large bones for his size and instead of the typical plate with 6 screws, Casey got a larger one which required 8 screws. Nothing that would change any recovery or use of his leg! So he gave me some general instructions and told me what to expect and gave me a pep talk too so as to keep my two children safe around "recovering Casey". He then said he would call me when Casey was ready to go home!

No comments: