Sunday, February 10, 2008

And So We Wait...

Well we are longingly waiting for winter to end. The plan was to schedule Casey for TPLO agin this March of 2008 after our winter had subsided. Well during this time we are being careful with Casey, no ball or rough play, but still walking him daily to protect the muscles from atrophy. Well somewhere in January the limping stopped! He has not limped since! I was suppose to call for to schedule his surgery on Feb 1st, but I can't seem to bring myself to schedule it since he is doing fantastic. You would never think he had anything wrong! I am thrilled. Maybe the CM (Conservative Management) is working for him? My husband and I did decide to schedule another ortho consult in March and then if the knee is still showing a postiive drawer sign and effusion then we will schedule with that in mind. So we wait! In the mean time it hasn't been too agonizing for me as the weather has been so intollerable that he isn't missing out on much outside time anyway, but he is miserable! Still getting into things if we don't gate him in our living room. Not sure what that is about except boredom, but not much I can do with mother nature!

So when we learn more I will post again. Thanks to all whom read this and I hope you all find it informative and helpful!

2 comments:

Resourceress said...

What great news! Brady too has been under conservative management for the winter awaiting surgery April 1st but she too is no longer limping( we brought her to physical therapy-swimming and underwater treadmill). Please post after seeing your vet- hope its great news.

TPLO said...

Even we provide the TPLO services to keep your pet healthy. For any queries regarding TPLO you can ask you can also visit the following link: http://tplo.info/