Monday, May 21, 2007

Almost there!


8 weeks and 5 days Post-op

Casey continues to do really well. We have had quite a bit of rain lately so walks have been tough to get in. The kids and I did go a few times in the rain. I have a clear rain shield that covers my jogging stroller to keep the girls dry! They think it is cool! I on the other hand get wet and think it is not as cool! Casey is just happy to be out walking with his big grin!

He has been a bit more rambunctious lately. Really showing us he is feeling better. He still remains to be on no meds other than his supplement. He will show some extra limping at evenings end and I intend to ask his surgeon about this at our next visit. Maybe just him still needing to build his muscle?

On that note though, his leg looks fantastic. His muscle looks good! I think he is doing fantastic. At home he is still always on a leash to go outside, he can use the stairs when we are home, but otherwise has run of the house.

As for his eating we finally seem to have realized what he likes and does not. He likes Innova and Innova Evo canned. He does not like it cold. I got info from the Orthodogs support group I joined that cold food can cause tummy troubles and even vomiting. Great info for us as I think that could be a source of Casey's tummy sensitivity. So now I warm it and he LOVES it. I think he thinks it is a treat! So glad we figured that out. Yes, we have had him for 7 years now and he finally got his point across! Wish he could talk!

I left Casey this past weekend for the first time since his surgery. He was in great hands at home with my husband! I missed them all, but it was nice too! Man was he crazy excited when I got home!

So we go to the surgeon in two days. I have mixed emotions. So glad to go as we have a few questions and we always enjoy the surgeon seeing him and saying how well he is doing, but not so happy as Casey will have to stay for a bit to get sedated for his post-op x-rays. I am excited hoping the x-rays will show 100% healing of the bone, but I hate how the sedation flips Casey out. He sobs all day long and seems so out of it. It kills me to see him like that. So with that said I will post again after Wednesday and report the results of the x-rays! Wish us luck!

No comments: